Learn about debits and credits, balance sheets, profit & loss, journals, assets, liabilities, trial balance and more.
£42.99 inc. VAT
Accounting is a very broad subject. This course has been curated by Mark Cunningham by choosing the best topics to cover in an introductory lesson. Then, deliver them in the right order, so you can start with the basics and build on them as you go.
After completing this course, you will be able to understand and apply the following:
- Debits and credits
- What the double entry system is, and why is it important
- The nature and true business definition of the five types of accounts: - Assets - Liabilities - Owner’s equity - Expenses - Revenues
- How to use T accounts to help with your accounting
- The importance of using accounting and bookkeeping software
- How to create and understand balance sheets
- How to create and understand profit and loss statements
- How to create and post journal entries
- How to use a trial balance to check your accounts
- The eight steps of the accounting cycle and where the lessons you have learned in this course fit into the cycle
Is this course for you?Are you interested in unravelling the world of numbers and financial data? Do you find yourself curious about the language that businesses use to communicate their financial health? If you're looking to build a strong foundation in the realm of accounting, then this Accounting Basics course is tailor-made for you. Whether you're a small business owner aiming to manage your company's finances more effectively or a student pursuing a career in finance, this course will equip you with the essential skills you need.
- Students: If you're a student majoring in business, finance, economics, or any related field, this course will give you the head start you need to grasp advanced accounting concepts later in your academic journey.
- Small Business Owners: Managing your business's finances can be a daunting task. This course will empower you to understand and interpret your financial statements, enabling better decision-making and improved financial performance.
- Aspiring Finance Professionals: If you're considering a career in accounting, auditing, financial analysis, or any finance-related role, this course will lay the groundwork for your future success.
- Non-Finance Professionals: Even if you're not directly working in finance, understanding accounting basics can enhance your ability to interpret financial reports, contribute to budget discussions, and communicate effectively with finance teams.
Why Should You Take This Online Course?
- Expertly Designed and Delivered by Industry Experts: Developed and delivered by MARK CUNNINGHAM - Accounting | Bookkeeping Instructor
- Immediate Recognition with an Instant E-Certificate: After finishing our online course, you will receive an instant E-certificate. This certification acknowledges your dedication and successful course completion, allowing you to demonstrate your newly gained knowledge and skills to potential employers, colleagues, or clients. The E-certificate validates your accomplishments immediately, raising your professional standing.
- Convenient Online Learning Experience: Because our course is entirely online, you may learn at your own pace and convenience. The course materials are accessible from anywhere and anytime, making it ideal for people with hectic schedules. The curriculum is delivered via captivating videos and extensive reading materials, creating a dynamic and interactive learning experience.
- Self-paced Learning for Maximum Progress: We recognise that everyone has various learning styles and time commitments. As a result, our online course provides self-paced study. You can work through the course materials independently, allowing for a more personalised learning experience. Our course supports your individual learning preferences, whether you like to immerse yourself in the information or take it step by step.
- Laptop, tablet, and smartphone compatibility: Our online course is device-compatible to improve accessibility. Whether you choose a laptop, tablet, or smartphone, you may easily access and interact with the course contents. This adaptability allows you to learn on the go, incorporating your studies into your everyday routine and maximising your learning possibilities.
Career prospects after completing this courseEmbarking on the journey of learning accounting basics opens up a wide array of promising career opportunities in various industries. The knowledge and skills gained from this course lay a strong foundation for individuals seeking to establish themselves in the financial world. Here are some exciting career prospects that await you after completing the Accounting Basics course:
- Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk: These roles involve handling an organization's incoming and outgoing payments. Your understanding of financial transactions and attention to detail will be crucial in ensuring smooth cash flow management.
- Financial Analyst: With a grasp of financial statements and basic ratios, you can transition into a financial analyst role. You'll analyze financial data, assess performance trends, and provide valuable insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Small Business Owner: If you're an entrepreneur, the course equips you with the knowledge to manage your business's finances efficiently. Understanding financial statements will enable you to make informed choices, track profitability, and plan for growth.
- Accounting Assistant: Working alongside accountants, you'll assist in tasks such as reconciling accounts, preparing financial documents, and supporting the day-to-day financial operations of an organization.
- Tax Preparer: Understanding financial records and transactions is crucial in preparing accurate tax returns for individuals and businesses. Your knowledge can be applied to ensure compliance and optimize tax situations.
- Further Education in Accounting: For those who discover a passion for accounting, this course serves as a stepping stone for more advanced studies in accounting, finance, or related fields. It can be a starting point toward pursuing a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or similar qualifications.
- Career Advancement: Whether you're already employed in a non-finance role or looking to advance within your current organization, your newfound accounting skills can set you on a path toward promotions and increased responsibilities.
- Consultant or Freelancer: Armed with a fundamental understanding of accounting, you can offer consulting services to businesses seeking to improve their financial management practices. Freelancing opportunities in bookkeeping and financial analysis are also viable options.
Industry Expert Instructor
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- Course Introduction 00:02:00
- Instructor Introduction 00:01:00
- Bookkeeping vs Accounting 00:01:00
- Double Entry System 00:02:00
- Five Account Types 00:01:00
- Nature of the Five Account Types 00:04:00
- T Accounts 00:05:00
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Software 00:02:00
- Assets 00:04:00
- Liabilities 00:04:00
- The Accounting Equation 00:02:00
- Introduction 00:01:00
- First Example 00:02:00
- Second Example 00:01:00
- Presentation 00:02:00
- Trial Balance Overview 00:05:00
- Get Your Certificate & Transcript 00:00:00