Comprehensive CBT therapy Practitioner Level to help to treat anxiety, depression, addictions and a variety of other problems presented in counselling and psychotherapy like anger, self-esteem and confidence
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a talking therapy to deal with overwhelming problems like anxiety and depression. As stated by NHS, one in four adults and one in 10 children are experiencing mental health issues during their lifetime in the UK. Suitable for existing and aspiring professional coaches, this Psychotherapy course breaks down the problem into situations, thoughts, emotions, physical feelings and actions. Dr Daniel Jones, the renowned author and hypnotherapy and psychotherapy trainer with over 25 years of experience, has curated resources to help explore, learn and apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It focuses on the evidence-based treatment of depression, anger, addictions, and anxiety disorders. Daniel introduces CBT fundamentals, a journey to positive thought patterns, feelings, and behaviours in the mental health arena. It's a next-level opportunity to equip your critical thinking and gain insight into CBT.
After completing this course, you will be able to understand and apply the following:
- What CBT is, and what the benefits are of doing CBT
- The principles of CBT
- A variety of CBT tools and techniques for addressing thoughts, feelings, beliefs and changing behaviours
- How to identify problems and find solutions
- How to identify the key thoughts, feelings, beliefs and behaviours to work on
- How to tackle faulty thinking styles
- How to challenge unhelpful beliefs and create helpful beliefs
- How clients use metaphor and how to use metaphors therapeutically
- Relaxation and mindfulness skills
Who Can Benefit from This Course?Are you looking to gain a deeper understanding of your thoughts, emotions, and behaviours? Do you want to develop practical skills to manage stress, anxiety, depression, and other psychological challenges? If so, this Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) course might be a perfect fit for you.
- Individuals Seeking Self-Improvement: If you're interested in personal growth and want to enhance your emotional well-being, this course is tailored to provide you with the tools to achieve just that. CBT can empower you to identify and change unhelpful thought patterns and behaviours.
- Professionals in Mental Health and Counseling: Are you a mental health practitioner or counsellor seeking to enhance your therapeutic skills? Understanding CBT can be a game-changer in your practice. It's widely recognized as an evidence-based approach to treating various mental health disorders, making it essential knowledge for professionals in this field.
- Teachers and Educators: CBT techniques are valuable not only in clinical settings but also in education. Teachers can benefit from this course to learn strategies for managing classroom dynamics, helping students cope with stress, and fostering a positive learning environment.
- Managers and Leaders: Effective leadership often involves understanding and managing the emotions and behaviours of oneself and others. This course can provide you with valuable insights and strategies for enhancing your leadership skills.
- Parents and Caregivers: If you're a parent or caregiver, CBT can be invaluable in helping you support your child's emotional development and resilience. You'll learn techniques to promote healthy thought patterns and emotional regulation in your children.
Why Choose this course?
- Accredited by CPD
- Developed and delivered by DANIEL JONES - Autistic Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy Instructor
- Get Instant E-certificate
- Fully online
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, and smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Course Support
Career prospects after completing this course:Completing a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) course opens up a wide range of career prospects across various fields. CBT is a highly sought-after skillset in today's job market due to its effectiveness in improving mental health and well-being. Here are some of the exciting career prospects you can explore after completing the course:
- Clinical Psychologist or Therapist: With CBT training, you can become a licensed clinical psychologist or therapist specializing in treating individuals with a wide range of mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, phobias, and trauma. You'll conduct assessments, create treatment plans, and deliver evidence-based interventions.
- Counsellor or Social Worker: Many counsellors and social workers incorporate CBT techniques into their practice. Completing a CBT course can enhance your counselling skills, making you a more effective professional in the field of mental health.
- Psychiatrist: If you aspire to become a psychiatrist, CBT training can complement your medical education. Psychiatrists often use CBT alongside medication to treat patients with psychiatric disorders.
- School Counselor or Educational Psychologist: CBT techniques are valuable in educational settings. You can work as a school counsellor, helping students manage academic and emotional challenges, or pursue a career as an educational psychologist, conducting assessments and interventions to support student learning.
- Human Resources Professional: HR professionals benefit from CBT skills when managing employee well-being, conflict resolution, and stress management within organizations. This knowledge can help create a healthier work environment and boost employee morale.
- Addiction Counselor: Substance abuse and addiction treatment often involve CBT-based interventions. As an addiction counsellor, you can help individuals recover from addiction and develop healthier coping mechanisms.
- Child and Adolescent Therapist: Specializing in working with children and teenagers, you can help young individuals overcome behavioural and emotional challenges using CBT strategies.
- Private Practice: Many CBT practitioners choose to establish their private practices, offering therapy services to a broad range of clients. This allows for independence and flexibility in your career.
- Online Counseling and Telehealth: The rise of telehealth services has created opportunities for CBT practitioners to offer their expertise remotely, reaching a global clientele.
Industry Expert Instructor
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- CBT: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy For Therapists & Coaches – Introduction 00:02:00
- Course Objectives 00:02:00
- Practice Activity 01: How Can CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Help? 00:05:00
- Introducing CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) 00:03:00
- CBT Course Workbook & Supporting Notes 00:02:00
- Introduction – What is CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) 00:02:00
- What is CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)? Part 1 00:06:00
- What is CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)? Part 2 00:04:00
- Benefits of Doing CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) 00:04:00
- Who CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Works Best With 00:08:00
- Development of CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) 00:07:00
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapies 00:06:00
- Introduction – Who Uses CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)? 00:01:00
- Who Uses CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)? 00:03:00
- CBT With Children 00:04:00
- CBT With Couples & Families 00:07:00
- CBT in the Workplace 00:05:00
- CBT Coaching 00:03:00
- CBT for Self-Help 00:02:00
- Introduction – Identifying Problems, Challenges & Solutions 00:01:00
- Identifying The Problem 00:07:00
- Identifying Challenges 00:03:00
- Finding Solutions 00:05:00
- Introduction – Thought Records 00:02:00
- Thought Records Part 01 00:06:00
- Thought Records Part 02 00:05:00
- Thought Records Part 03 00:04:00
- Thought Records Part 04 00:05:00
- Thought Records Part 05 00:05:00
- Introduction – Challenging Negative Thoughts 00:01:00
- Negative Thoughts: Truth or Fiction 00:04:00
- Commitment to Change 00:06:00
- Four Stages of Learning 00:10:00
- Developing Alternative Perspectives 00:15:00
- Introduction – Faulty Thinking Styles 00:01:00
- Recognising Faulty Thinking Styles 00:04:00
- Recognising Faulty Thinking Styles: Examples 00:05:00
- Checking For Evidence 00:03:00
- Introduction – Changing Behaviours 00:01:00
- Changing Learned Behaviours 00:07:00
- Behavioural Experiments 00:04:00
- Introduction – Additional CBT Therapeutic Ideas 00:02:00
- Additional CBT Therapeutic Ideas 00:10:00
- Power of Imagination 00:04:00
- Metaphorical Thinking 00:05:00
- Therapeutic Use of Metaphors 00:04:00
- Keeping Clients Motivated 00:07:00
- Symptom Relief 00:04:00
- Introduction – Treating Different Conditions With CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) 00:02:00
- Working With Sleep Difficulties 00:06:00
- Working With Anxiety 00:05:00
- Working With Depression 00:08:00
- Working With Addictions 00:07:00
- Working With Confidence and Self-Esteem 00:05:00
- Working With Anger 00:05:00
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – Final Exam 01:00:00