Dialectical Behaviour Therapy is an online course taught by Elmira Strange, a well-known Motivational Psychologist, to help people with borderline personality disorder (BPD) and other mental health conditions that cause emotional instability. The course goes over the academic foundations of DBT, the evidence-based strategies used in the treatment, examples of how to use these techniques in clinical practise, and more. Enrol to learn more.
- Understand and accept your challenging emotions.
- Learn how to deal with them.
- Learn how to make positive changes in your life.
DBT strategiesDBT strategies are designed to help individuals develop skills in four key areas: mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness. Mindfulness involves being present in the moment and developing an awareness of one's thoughts and feelings without judgment. Distress tolerance focuses on developing coping strategies to manage difficult emotions and situations. Emotion regulation is focused on helping individuals understand and regulate their emotional responses. Interpersonal effectiveness focuses on improving communication and relationship skills.
The multistage approach of DBTThe multistage approach of DBT is based on a hierarchical model of treatment that consists of four stages: pre-treatment, the foundation stage, the intermediate stage, and the advanced stage. The therapist establishes a robust therapeutic relationship with the client in the pre-treatment stage. In the foundation stage, the therapist teaches essential mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness coping skills. In the intermediate stage, the therapist helps the client apply these skills to specific problems or situations. Finally, in the advanced stage, the therapist works with the client to achieve their long-term goals and develop a sense of mastery over their emotions and behaviours.
Who is this course for?The Dialectical Behaviour Therapy course by Elmira Strange benefits a range of individuals, including mental health professionals, students, and individuals who want to learn more about DBT for personal development. Below are the details of how the course can be helpful for each role:
- Mental Health Professionals: The course benefits professionals, including therapists, counsellors, social workers, and psychologists. They can learn evidence-based strategies for emotional dysregulation and gain practical experience in applying DBT techniques to clinical practice.
- Students: The course benefits students pursuing a degree in mental health or related fields. They can learn about the theoretical foundations of DBT and gain an understanding of its applications in the treatment of mental health conditions.
- Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder: The course benefits individuals with borderline personality disorder (BPD) or other mental health conditions characterized by emotional dysregulation. They can learn coping skills to manage difficult emotions and improve their relationships with others.
- Family Members of Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder: The course benefits family members of individuals with BPD. They can learn about the symptoms and treatment of BPD and gain skills to support their loved ones in their recovery.
- Individuals Interested in Personal Development: The course benefits individuals interested in personal development and wants to learn skills to manage their emotions more effectively. They can gain an understanding of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness skills that can help them in their personal and professional lives.
What you will learn from the Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) course?
- Know how to use the DBT approach in order to decrease 'emotional suffering'
- Learn how to use DBT for disorders such as bipolar, depression, BPD, anxiety
- Know how to structure therapeutic sections ('online' or 'offline')
- Grasp the theoretical knowledge of DBT, 'Distress Tolerance', Mindfulness
Why Choose this Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)course?
- Developed and delivered by a Qualified Motivational Psychologist and Psycho-Spiritual Coach
- Instant E-certificate of Completion
- Entirely online
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone friendly
- 24/7 Support
Career Prospect of this courseCompleting the Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) course by Elmira Strange can provide a range of career benefits, including:
- Increased Employability: The course provides an in-depth understanding of DBT techniques and strategies, making participants more marketable to employers in the mental health field.
- Enhanced Clinical Skills: Mental health professionals can learn evidence-based strategies used in the treatment of emotional dysregulation and gain practical experience in applying DBT techniques to clinical practice, thereby enhancing their clinical skills.
- Higher Salary: Acquiring a certificate in DBT can lead to increased pay and promotion opportunities within the mental health field.
- Improved Patient Outcomes: By learning and implementing DBT strategies, mental health professionals can improve patient outcomes and reduce hospitalization rates among individuals with borderline personality disorder (BPD) and other mental health conditions.
- Professional Development: Completing the course can provide mental health professionals with a sense of professional development and confidence in their abilities to treat individuals with BPD and other mental health conditions characterized by emotional dysregulation.
Industry Expert Instructor
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- About the Instructor 00:02:00
- About the Course 00:06:00
- Definition of Counselling 00:07:00
- Counselling & Psychotherapy 00:07:00
- Approaches in Counselling & Psychotherapy 00:12:00
- What is DBT? 00:05:00
- What is ‘dialectical’? 00:06:00
- History & Philosophy of DBT 00:06:00
- Multistage approach of DBT 00:06:00
- The Stages of Treatment in DBT 00:11:00
- Prioritising Treatments Targets 00:05:00
- How to set up ‘learning environment’ for the client 00:07:00
- How to conduct ‘Behavioural Analysis’ 00:11:00
- How effective is DBT? 00:07:00
- Criticism and Limitations of DBT 00:05:00
- Thank You and Good Bye! 00:04:00
- Get Your Certificate & Transcript 00:00:00