Photography - The Ultimate Guide to Using Off-Camera Flash course is the perfect course for the professionals. Learn key concepts, strategies of Ultimate Guide to Using Off-Camera Flash and boost your career with a marketable skill. Learn from the experts and become an expert.
Learn the fundamental principles and advanced concepts of using off-camera flash to take stunning portraits. This is a very comprehensive, practical photography course that covers everything you need to know.
Just because there is enough light in a room or outside to take a photo, doesn't mean that it's great light....
A powerful skill at your fingertips
Advanced and professional photographers do not generally use any of the semi-automatic modes (e.g Aperture / Shutter Speed priority etc..) when shooting in a studio environment. This course will demonstrate why, and show you just how easy it is to use Manual modes for consistent exposures and how it can aid the learning process.
The course goes right back to basics, but also covers advanced topics. You'll learn about the equipment, what to buy and what not to buy if on a tight budget. It demonstrates how to put the gear together, how to modify it, and shows various ways of triggering the flashes, Exposure is covered in great details, with one video on each of the 5 aspects of exposure.
Come with me on these photo sessions, and watch as I talk through the camera and flash settings and take (mostly) great photos with (mostly) gorgeous models, using a fun teaching style.
A bonus video on product photography is included, a DIY setup that can provide spectacular results. Great for eBay or just making some money on the side.
Designed for beginners (although not complete beginners), through to enthusiasts and professionals, on completing this course you'll have the knowledge and confidence to start taking beautifully lit portraits that will wow your family and friends.
What you will learn
- Follow me on 19 photo shoots, indoors and out
- Take stunning images on a small budget and in a small room.
- Learn the easy steps to getting your flash off your camera
- Discover the inexpensive equipment you need, with links to the gear
- Learn what modifiers do, and how they can make a significant difference.
- Understand the various triggering methods and which one suits you best
- Learn and understand the 5 aspects of off camera flash exposure
- Understand why Manual mode is best, and what makes it so easy
- Learn advance techniques, controlling backgrounds / multiple flashes / gels / light patterns / balancing ambient and flash light etc...
- Learn how High Speed Sync and ND filters can help to get better backgrounds outside
- Everything explained in detail, with a fun teaching style
- Be amazed at the results from my 'bonus' product photo shoot using a DIY box
Who is this course for?This course is ideal for those who work in or aspire to work in the following professions:
- Not suited for beginners who have only just purchased a camera
- Suitable for beginners who are familiar with their camera, through to advanced and pro photographers
Why Choose Photography - The Ultimate Guide to Using Off-Camera Flash course?
- Conducted by industry experts
- Get Instant E-certificate
- Fully online, interactive course with Professional voice-over
- Developed by qualified professionals
- Self paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone friendly
- Tutor Support
CertificationBy the successful completion of your course, you will get an instant e-certificate. Our courses are fully updated with industry knowledge and skills that aim at making you an expert in the field. The hard copy of the certificate is also available and can be sent to your address. The delivery charge is applicable with a shipping cost of £4.99 (UK) & £12.99 (Outside UK)
Career PathThis training course will lead you to many different career opportunities, here are few prospects:
- Professional Photographer - £32,500 per annum
- Advanced Photography Entry Level - £24,247 per annum
- Professional Portrait Photographer - £31,150 per annum
- The type of cameras and flashes you need for off-camera flash 00:07:00
- Light stands and flash umbrella brackets 00:03:00
- How to trigger off-camera flashes 00:10:00
- Flashes and Triggers Update #1 – 2020 00:04:00
- Light modifiers, what are they for, and why you need them. 00:08:00
- Flash heads are small, modifiers can be large, avoid this problem. 00:04:00
- Do I need a flash meter for perfect exposures? 00:03:00
- Why we’re using the Manual mode, no Aperture or Shutter speed priority, 00:03:00
- Apertures and an introduction to indoor exposure 00:05:00
- Shutter speeds and its role in off-camera flash photography 00:05:00
- ISO and its role in flash exposure 00:03:00
- Determining the flash power for perfect exposures 00:03:00
- The effect of flash to subject distance on exposure 00:05:00
- Flash maximum sync speed and High Speed Sync 00:07:00
- Indoor session 1 – Simple first one-light setup 00:15:00
- Indoor session 2 – Controlling background light spill 00:07:00
- Indoor session 3 – Light the background for more impact 00:06:00
- Indoor session 4 – Colouring the background using gels 00:04:00
- Indoor session 5 – Use a fill light to open up the shadows 00:08:00
- Indoor session 6 – Stunning beauty lighting using a ‘Clam Shell’ setup 00:03:00
- Indoor session 7 – More drama using a harder light source 00:07:00
- Indoor session 8 – Portrait Lighting Patterns 00:05:00
- Indoor session 9 – Graphic backgrounds using household objects 00:09:00
- Indoor session 10 – Dramatic light using a Honeycomb Grid 00:04:00
- Indoor session 11 – Making a whiter than white background 00:03:00
- Indoor session 12 – Stunning beauty lighting using a ‘tri-flector’ 00:05:00
- DIY product photography setup 00:08:00
- Get Your Certificate & Transcript 00:00:00