This Child Protection and Safeguarding course is designed for professionals who want to thrive in their profession. The course covers all the essential skills and knowledge needed to become specialised in this sector.
What you will learn
- Identify what is meant by child abuse and keeping children safe
- Describe the different types, signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Understand what the process is for reporting your concerns and recording your observations.
- Ensure a safe environment for the children under care and supervision
- Correctly report any child safeguarding concerns to child care services
- Know what constitutes abuse and neglect and how to respond to a disclosure
- Understand your legal responsibilities when caring for children and young people
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles of The Children Act 1989
- Recognize signs of physical and mental abuse in children and young people
- Have an understanding of safeguarding legislation
- Be able to recognise potential indicators of abuse for children
- Know what action to take if there is a safeguarding concern or allegation
- Gain a person-centred approach in child protection and safeguarding.
Is this course for you?This course is ideal for those who work in or aspire to work in the following professions:
- Teacher/Teaching Assistant
- Social Worker
- Pediatric nurse
- Children Youth Worker
- Any professional that is responsible for supervising and caring for children
Why Choose This Child Protection and Safeguarding course?
- Conducted by industry experts
- Get Instant E-certificate
- Fully online, interactive Text course
- Developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone-friendly
- Tutor Support
CertificationUpon successful completion of this course, an instant e-certificate will be generated free of charge. The digital version of the course transcript is available for £2.99. We can post the printed copy of the certificate and the transcript to your address. A delivery charge of £4.99 (UK) & £12.99 (Outside the UK) is applied to this service.
Industry Expert Instructor
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- Introduction to Safeguarding 01:00:00
- Principles for practice 01:00:00
- The legislative and policy framework 01:00:00
- Equality practice and safeguarding 01:00:00
- Well-being and Effective Childcare 01:00:00
- Child Protection and Safeguarding – Final Exam 01:00:00