This course is crafted to enable you to conduct power system simulations using MATLAB/Simulink. It not only provides a comprehensive review of power system theory but also furnishes numerous practical examples demonstrating the execution of various power system studies within MATLAB/Simulink. The course comprises the following sections:
- Introduction to MATLAB/Simulink for Power Systems: This initial segment offers an overview of Simulink libraries tailored for representing generators, transformers, transmission lines, and loads in models. You'll learn how to model these components, integrate them into cohesive models, and perform measurements to ensure accurate simulations.
- Power System Studies in MATLAB/Simulink: Following familiarisation with the MATLAB/Simulink environment through the construction of a basic power system model, you'll progress to developing a more complex model. This advanced model encompasses multiple generators, transformers, transmission lines, loads, and capacitor banks. Additionally, turbine control systems and excitation control systems are modeled for all generators to emulate realistic dynamic behaviors. Upon completion of the model, various studies, including load flow, short circuit, and stability analyses, will be conducted to simulate system behavior under diverse conditions. This equips you with the necessary tools to construct and analyse any type of power system using MATLAB/Simulink.
In each section, multiple models are presented to illustrate the design and simulation of power systems in MATLAB/Simulink. These models are also available for download, allowing for hands-on participation and customisation to create personalised power system models.
By mastering power system simulation in MATLAB/Simulink, you'll significantly enhance your career prospects in electrical and power engineering.
You will have the following skills after completing this course:
- How to simulate power systems in MATLAB/Simulink
- How to model generators, transformers, transmission lines, capacitor banks, and loads in MATLAB/Simulink
- How to build power system models
- How to run power flow (load flow) studies
- How to simulate faults
- How to simulate the dynamic behavior of power systems
- How to take measurements in MATLAB/Simulink to ensure proper simulation
- Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering simulations in MATLAB/Simulink
Who will benefit from this course?This MATLAB/Simulink for Power System Simulations course is beneficial for a wide range of individuals within the electrical and power engineering domain. Specifically, it caters to:
- Electrical Engineers: Professionals seeking to enhance their understanding and proficiency in power system simulations using MATLAB/Simulink will find this course invaluable for advancing their skills and knowledge.
- Power Engineers: Those involved in the design, analysis, and operation of power systems will benefit greatly from gaining expertise in MATLAB/Simulink simulations, enabling them to conduct thorough studies and assessments of power system behavior.
- Engineering Students: Undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in electrical engineering, power engineering, or related fields can use this course to supplement their coursework and gain practical experience in power system simulations.
- Researchers: Individuals engaged in academic or industrial research related to power systems will find this course beneficial for conducting simulations, validating theoretical models, and exploring novel concepts in power system analysis and design.
- Professionals in the Energy Sector: Employees working in utilities, energy companies, or consulting firms can leverage the skills acquired from this course to improve the efficiency, reliability, and safety of power systems under their jurisdiction.
Why Should You Take This Online Course?
- Expertly Designed and Delivered by Industry Experts: Developed and delivered by RICARDO ROMERO -Professional Engineer.
- Immediate Recognition with an Instant E-Certificate: After finishing our online course, you will receive an instant E-certificate. This certification acknowledges your dedication and successful course completion, allowing you to demonstrate your newly gained knowledge and skills to potential employers, colleagues, or clients. The E-certificate validates your accomplishments immediately, raising your professional standing.
- Convenient Online Learning Experience: Because our course is entirely online, you may learn at your own pace and convenience. The course materials are accessible from anywhere and anytime, making it ideal for people with hectic schedules. The curriculum is delivered via captivating videos and extensive reading materials, creating a dynamic and interactive learning experience.
- Self-paced Learning for Maximum Progress: We recognise that everyone has various learning styles and time commitments. As a result, our online course provides self-paced study. You can work through the course materials independently, allowing for a more personalised learning experience. Our course supports your individual learning preferences, whether you like to immerse yourself in the information or take it step by step.
- Laptop, tablet, and smartphone compatibility: Our online course is device-compatible to improve accessibility. Whether you choose a laptop, tablet, or smartphone, you may easily access and interact with the course contents. This adaptability allows you to learn on the go, incorporating your studies into your everyday routine and maximising your learning possibilities.
Career prospects after completing this course:Completing the MATLAB/Simulink for Power System Simulations course opens up a multitude of career prospects within the electrical and power engineering sectors. Some potential career paths and opportunities include:
- Power System Engineer: With expertise in MATLAB/Simulink simulations, you can pursue roles as a power system engineer, where you'll be responsible for designing, analysing, and optimising power systems for efficiency, reliability, and safety.
- Control Systems Engineer: Your proficiency in modeling turbine control systems and excitation control systems using MATLAB/Simulink can qualify you for positions specialising in control systems engineering, particularly in industries related to power generation and distribution.
- Renewable Energy Specialist: As the demand for renewable energy sources grows, there is a need for professionals who can analyse and integrate renewable energy systems into existing power grids. Your skills in power system simulations can make you an attractive candidate for roles in renewable energy companies or research institutions.
- Grid Operations Analyst: Utility companies and grid operators rely on simulations to predict and manage grid behavior. By mastering MATLAB/Simulink for power system simulations, you can pursue careers as a grid operations analyst, where you'll monitor, analyse, and optimise grid performance to ensure stability and reliability.
- Research and Development (R&D) Engineer: Your expertise in power system simulations can be valuable in research and development roles, where you'll work on innovating new technologies, improving existing systems, and solving complex challenges in the field of electrical engineering.
- Consulting Engineer: Many consulting firms offer services related to power system analysis and design. By completing this course, you can work as a consulting engineer, providing expertise to clients in various industries on matters related to power system optimisation, grid integration, and reliability analysis.
Industry Expert Instructor
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- MATLAB/Simulink for Power System Simulations – Welcome to the Course 00:00:30
- MATLAB/Simulink for Power System Simulations – About Your Instructor 00:01:00
- Installing MATLAB/Simulink 00:03:00
- Navigating Simulink’s Library Browser 00:06:00
- Simulink Libraries for Generators 00:25:00
- Simulink Libraries for Transformers 00:16:00
- Simulink Libraries for Transmission Lines 00:11:00
- Simulink Libraries for Power System Loads 00:05:00
- Building Simulink Models 00:34:00
- Taking Measurements in Simulink 00:33:00
- Introduction to the Test Power System Model 00:05:00
- Building the Simulink Model – Part 1 – Generators 00:30:00
- Building the Simulink Model – Part 2 – System Equivalent 00:03:00
- Building the Simulink Model – Part 3 – Transformers 00:10:00
- Building the Simulink Model – Part 4 – Transmission Lines 00:10:00
- Building the Simulink Model – Part 5 – Loads and Capacitor Banks 00:08:00
- Building the Simulink Model – Part 6 – Connecting the Blocks 00:23:00
- Running Load Flow Studies in Simulink 00:22:00
- Generator Open-Loop Control 00:19:00
- Generator Closed-Loop Control 00:13:00
- Get Your Certificate & Transcript 00:00:00