This practical course covers the most commonly used functions of the software, including how to set up the accounting system, post invoices and credit notes, reconcile bank accounts, and run reports. Whether you are interested in working with the software, looking to improve your job prospects, or want to add a valuable skill to your CV, this course is suitable for you.
- Read the assignment.
- View the video.
- Try it out for yourself with your own setup.
- Watch the video again (if necessary) to solidify your understanding.
You will be able to do the following by the end of this course
- Use Pastel Accounts to carry out several typical tasks.
- The starting balances
- Revisions to the nominal ledger
- Add new information about clients and vendors.
- Put Petty Cash transactions online
- Get the VAT return ready.
- Bank reconciliation
- Create month-end reports and post modifications to the accounts after posting the wages journal.
- Update the sales ledger with client invoices and credit notes.
- Add credit notes and supplier invoices to the purchase ledger.
- Record the customer receipts and enter the supplier checks.
Who should take this course:
- Accountants and bookkeepers who will use Pastel for their customers
- Students applying for employment where working knowledge of Pastel is required
- Accounting graduates who wish to learn how to use free accounting software in the field so they can get a job
- No prior accounting experience is assumed or necessary.
- Charities seeking software to use and instruction on how to use it appropriately while doing their own bookkeeping
Industry Expert Instructor
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- Introduction 00:02:00
- Opening Pastel for the first time 00:10:00
- Familiarise yourself with the system 00:04:00
- Add opening balances 00:10:00
- Report opening trial balance 00:01:00
- Reverse opening balances – accruals and prepayments 00:09:00
- Enter customers 00:05:00
- Customer details report 00:01:00